Saturday, November 14, 2009

Halftime bath.

{sigh}
The first 13 years of my marriage were ideal.
I had the man who didn't care a bit about
fishing, hunting, or sports.

That's all changed.
Well, not the fishing, hunting, or sports in general part.

But now he's ADDICTED to Alabama football!

UGH.

And even worse, he's got the older 3 all into it too.

Oh well. Here's hoping that Alabama football is the only
change he makes.

Being the good wife that I am, I'm totally
aware that there's no point in complaining
being supportive!

So this is what happened in our house tonight:
We were watching the game, and I asked him if he would
bathe the younger 3. He looked at me like I'd lost my mind
and waved his hand at the TV.

I sighed but right then the announcer said there was 4 minutes
left till halftime and I seized the moment, commenting that
he could bathe them during halftime.
He agreed and we watched the rest of the first half.

Then it was time for the halftime bath. And keeping in the
football spirit (I guess that's what he was doing!)
I heard:
Paul "JACOB, DO YOU WANT TO TAKE A BATH IN THIS TUB??"
Jacob (rather timidly-this isn't how bath usually starts) "Yes, sir?"
Paul "I SAID, DO YOU WANT TO TAKE A BATH IN THIS TUB??
Jacob (catching on) "YES SIR!!"
Paul "LET ME HEAR YOU SAY, 'ROLL TIDE!'"
Jacob "ROLL TIDE!"
Paul "NOAH, DO YOU WANT TO TAKE A BATH IN THIS TUB??"
Noah (following Jacob's lead) "YESSEW!"
Paul "LET ME HEAR YOU SAY 'ROLL TIDE!'"
Noah "WOLL TIDE!"
Paul (still loudly, but trying not to scare her)
"EMMIE, DO YOU WANT TO TAKE A BATH IN THIS TUB??"
Emmie "BAAAAH" (Emmiespeak for 'bath')
Paul "LET ME HEAR YOU SAY 'ROLL TIDE'"
Emmie "AHHHH BAAAAH!!"
Paul(laughing) "GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME-GET IN HERE!!"

{sigh again}

At least he's doing stuff with the kids. :)

TTFN,

11 comments:

Unknown said...

The funny part is, I can see him do that flip of his hand at the tv and the look on his face when he did it! lol! I am SO SORRY!!!!!! We were alway's so proud to have Hubby's that didn't hunt, fish or watch sports all day. :( the next thing is he want be into shopping anymore. Nah! He's still Paul!

Unknown said...

And the Alabama thing will make my Christmas shopping for him SOOO! much easier this year!

Mama4Real said...

Lol! My mom, yes, mom... is that way w/ NFL football. That's how I grew up. She used to quiz me on the team names. She'd say a state, I'd say the team, or vice versa.

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh jennifer...that is just the cutest story. I love it. Something my hubs would do for Michigan of Carolina. What a daddy!

Leigh said...

that was cute!

Foursons said...

Bahahaha! That's so funny! I'm sure the kids were having a blast.

Unknown said...

LOL! Usually we are for Alabama, too, but Avery was very excited the few (as in-2) times she got to ring the cowbell. And...the looks of horror accompanying the hush that settled over the children when they found out that "Roll Tide" was against "Go Dawgs" was pretty funny.

Kelli W said...

Too funny! Jason gave the boys baths around 5:30 yesterday so that he won't miss any of the game:) Football is one sport I don't mind watching on tv!

christy rose said...

Jennifer,
I have an award for you! Please stop by and pick it up when you get a chance.
Christy

E @ Scottsville said...

Yea, hey... if it gets the job done!!! I'm sure the boys loved the fact that they had "coach" giving them a bath. =0)

Too cute!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Yes, at least he is doing stuff with the kids and he is not throwing remotes at the TV or something like that..not that happens at our house or anything!!!

Gotta love sports baby!!!