Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tagged! Tagged again! And awards!

My new friend Kimber at
tagged me last week with a photo challenge.
(The link will take you to the tag!)


That reminded me...
I was tagged by my IRL friend Kelli at
MONTHS AGO!
So I'm going to go back and do these in order.
I'm sorry Kelli, but hopefully late really is better than never!


8 is enough!


8 things I am looking forward to:


1. Going to Atlanta next week!
(and stopping at Priester's along the way!!)


2. Paul not working 7-12's
(he'll be off them when we get back!)


3. Emmie sleeping through the night-again.
(we're back to getting up several times a night)


4. The new Harry Potter movie.
(Yeah, I'm a geek)
5. Going to my belly dance class Sat. with Konnie
(Fun, exercise, and ME time!!)


6. Seeing Jacob on a coaster at Six Flags
(he LOVES coasters!)


7. The pool finally being ready-tomorrow!
(the kids are about to drive me crazy to swim!)


8. Did I mention going to Priester's Pecans en route to ATL?
(Super YUM!!)



8 things I did yesterday:


1. What did I do yesterday??
(there goes my mommy brain again!!)
2. More laundry than any person should do in a lifetime.
(gotta get everything ready to pack!)
3. Eat lunch with my hubby.
(he's taking off this week to work on his mom's house)
4. Blogged about my new haircut.
(which I'm still trying to get used to)
5. Watched the first Harry Potter with Paul and the girls.
(we always watch them all to get ready for a new one!)
6. Tried to lay out in the sun-but couldn't stay out there!
(IT'S HOTTTT!!!)
7. Skipped my usual Wed trip to the grocery store.
(Now I HAVE to go today cause we're out of stuff!)
8. Slept in for a bit cause Paul got up with the little ones.
(NICE!)
8 Things I wish I could do:
1. Be on time
2. Play guitar well
3. Sew-at all
4. Create my own blog background
5. Learn how to take GREAT photos, then...
6. Learn how to REALLY use my photoshop
7. Stick to eating healthy and exercising
8. Take ballroom dance lessons with my hubby
8 Shows I enjoy:
1. American Idol
2. Heroes
3. House
4. Medium
The rest are reruns!
5. Full House
6. The Cosby Show
7. Friends
8. Tool Time
Whew...that took forever-too much thinking!!
But it was fun!
I am supposed to tag 8 bloggers to
participate, but I am going to cheat a bit
and name 10 combo tag/award at the end of
this post and that should cover ALL the
tags and awards! If you are tagged/awarded,
you have to participate in everything!
Unless you have already done one of these
tags/awards (like Kelli with the 8 things tag and Kimber
with the picture tag!) then you can just do the
ones you haven't participated in and
link to the ones you have!
Now for the photo tag from Kimber...
First folder, tenth pic.
This is such an exciting pic from our trip
to Ruby Falls! {insert heavy sarcasm at will}
Many of their stalagtite/stalagmite formations
looked like different items-this one apparently
looked like a 'leaning tower.' It's funny how things
look so cool when you're looking at them in person,
but they just don't come across in pics!
Guess you had to be there!!

Next, I received the Kreativ Blogger award

from Lisa over at Chapman Crazyhouse.

She's a super cool mummy with 5 kids of her own!

5-kid mummy, umm, I mean mommy's rock!

The really cool thing is, her kids are almost

the exact ages mine are!

And one more cool thing-she lives in

Austraila! (Hence 'mummy')

I love the Australian words!!

Anyway, she nominated me for this award for

my kreativ use of cheerios and foreheads!

Thanks, Lisa!!

Lastly, (yes, I promise there is an end coming soon!)

Kimber gave me this Scrap Honesty thing.

Thanks, girl! And Happy Birthday!!


Basically I have to share 10 honest things about me.

1. I sing and play the piano, but I can't do both

at the same time! Wish I could!

2. I bit my fingernails everyday of my life,

with many failed attempts to quit. After Paul

and I started dating he said,

'Please, baby, don't bite them anymore.'

And just like that, I didn't. Wierd.

3. I LOVE rock-n-roll. All of it. But not

the new stuff. I find very little redeeming

qualities in today's music. I'm totally stuck in

the 80's.

4. I'm a speed demon. My dad was a racecar

driver on the weekends when I was growing

up, and he actually tried to get me to race

his car when I was 16. I wish I had!

Of course, I don't drive that way when my kids

are in the car, but when I'm alone, I crank up

the rock-in-roll (see #4) and put the

hammer down. (usually this happens

when I'm in Paul's truck. The minivan's hammer

just doesn't quite cut it!) This is also

a major stress reliever for me.

5. I hate to shave, and truly, I don't do it that

often. I know-yuck. But even Paul's used to it by now,

and I have gotten better in the last few years.

6. I have never broken a bone.

7. I would love to have a few more biological

children and then adopt a few. As it stands, we

have agreed on one more biological and the adoption

thing may be out of reach cause the more bio kids

you have, the less they want to let you adopt one.

8. I wanted to be on Broadway. It's what I originally went

to school for, but God had different plans! I'm so glad He did!!

9. I am TERRIFIED of spiders. Seriously.

10. I'm really laid back. I tend to take everything

in stride and not stress much at all. I'm also a total

goofball, but not until I know you really well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMGosh! My fingers may cramp from all this typing!

So, here's the bottom line. If I nominate you, you get

to do all the tedious, hand cramping typing

really fun interesting stuff I just did! :)

Remember, if you already did one of these, just

put a link to it! If you won an award, copy and paste

it onto your blog. In no particular order:

1. Amanda at proud mommy of 4.

2. Kelli at Random Thoughts of a Supermom.

3. Konnie at The Dooley's.

4. Christie Rose at

The Secret Life of an American Wife and Mom.

5. Tracy at Simply Smith.

6. Erica at Scottsville.

7. Mimi at He & Me +3.

8. Kimber at A Day in the Life of a Girl Named Kimber.

9. Lisa at Chapman Crazyhouse.

10. Leigh at the crazy world of the SHELTONS.

I hope everyone will join in and play along! Thanks!

And I just wanted to point out that I am

getting close to 100 posts!! Yay!!

That means another giveaway-this time

I will be giving away something yummy

from somewhere I mentioned in this post!

TTFN,

10 comments:

{Kimber} said...

Good job girl!!!...
it's not easy being loved!!! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow that was a tag! How fun. I am finding that we are more and more alike. I hate spiders. I love the 80's music too!
I will get this up soon.

mummyof6monsters said...

wow thats a huge one! Ill do this today ( no really I will) thanks! Oh harry potter, how i love you:)( i do too)haha shaving, its winter here, so i never shave, its like an extra pair of pants hahaha, love your blog!

Miti said...

Hey Jennifer! Thanks for stopping by today. Boy, I believe you when you said your hand was cramping. That was one heck of a tag, but I enjoyed reading it. I bet the belly dancing class is fun. I've been wanting to do one of them. I do a little bit of zumba. It's a fun way to workout. Hope you have a good time in Atlanta.

Miti
at Five Moms and a Blog

Unknown said...

How funny that I also have 8 things to say!
1. I have a BEST friend that is going to Atlanta this week.
2. I have BFF that is going to Priesters this week.
3. I LOVE FROSTED PECANS.
4. I would LOVE some frosted Pecans from Priesters.
5. I am going to miss my Best Friend that is going to Priesters this week.
6. Did I say that I LOVE FROSTED PECANS.
7. I can taste the frosted pecans already.
8. I LOVE YOU and I know that you are going to think about me and the frosted pecan while you are Priesters this week. LOL!!!!!

christy rose said...

Wow! Talk about blessings! Thanks Jen! You are so sweet to tag and nominate me. I am going out of town for the week. I will get to these wonderful lists of things to do when I get back. You are so sweet and thanks again!
Christy

Kelli W said...

Late really is better than never...especially since I completely forgot that another blog friend had tagged me with the Honest Scrap award a few weeks ago and I still haven't post it!! Great list! And I have stopped taking pics of stuff on vacation unless there is a kid in the pic too....otherwise you get home and go "Why did I take a picture of that!"

E @ Scottsville said...

So...... THANKS FOR THINKING OF ME! But in order to blog about it, which award am I given? ha ha ha

There are too many of them!!! You let me know which one you're assigning me and I'll blog THAT one. =0)

Thanks again!

You're too kind.

Erica

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Jen,

Thanks for always stopping by the 5 Moms blog. Your comments are always so sweet.
My tag post will be up on Sunday. It is a doozie because I got tagged alot this past few weeks.
Mimi

Leigh said...

Hey girl! this post was too cute.. I will have my tag up, when i get a lil time, prolly on sunday