Sunday, June 14, 2009

To Jacob, my big man, on your 5th birthday.

Warning:
Another BIG belly shot!!
This time taken a few nights before
Jacob was born.


You were my first baby boy. And my
first(and only) emergency C-section! I was
taken in by you right away. Momma's boy
was an understatement. We dressed you in
blue and froggies and took you home!
You were sweet and quiet and such a good baby!
You slept well right from the start.
You were different from the girls in lots of ways.
but most noticeably you were darker skinned,
with chocolate eyes and darker hair!!
(both girls are fair with lighter hair and blue eyes)
You were loving and cuddly. Happy and so sweet.
And now you are pretty much the same way!
You love to climb in my lap and love on me,
or lay beside me on the couch and just veg out.
You love to wrestle with your daddy and brother
and sisters in the middle of the rug.
You love your Nintendo DS (a little too much)
You LOVE outside, but you hate bugs!
You adore babies. I've never seen a little
boy so enthralled with babies! You want
to kiss all over them and hold them constantly!
You can quote movie lines to perfection,
and sing along loudly with your favorite songs.
You know all your letters and their sounds,
and sound out words so well!
You are so smart it's scary sometimes
because you never miss ANYTHING.
You are kind and gentle, you are all boy and
still play with the girls 'girly' stuff, you are still
a momma's boy and wanna be like daddy.
I love you to pieces, my little big man.
I love being your mommy.
God knew what He was doing when He
gave me you! And I am ever so thankful
He did.
Another late night.
A VERY long weekend!
Goodnight, all.
TTFN,

5 comments:

Kelli W said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!!
Hope you had a great birthday.

Mandy T said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Hey, I've got my map all done... and I'm hopping in the car now! Be ready for me! (I wish!)

{{ding dong}}

"It's me! ERICA!!!"

=0)

He & Me + 3 said...

Those were great pictures and he is just so sweet. Love the brown eyes.
Happy Late Birthday Jacob!