Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ok, so I know this is supposed to be Wordless Wednesday, but...(KONNIE, READ THIS!!)

Yeah, I know it's Wednesday, and I will do a Wordless Wednesday post later, but for now I feel led to talk about a few things.
First of all, most of you know about Stellan's heart problems, and what MckMama is going through, but I still feel that we need to continue to pray and let MckMama know that we are doing so. Please visit to keep up with their family and Stellan's progress.
Also, I found another tangible way to let MckMama know we are all thinking about Stellan. Follow the link: to find out what Lauren over at Knowing Norrah is doing. It's pretty cool!!
Lastly, I found this email-through another blog, of course, and I know many of you are hand sanitizer users. Especially you, Konnie-I know how the boys love the stuff. I checked this out on Snopes myself:
Yesterday, my youngest daughter, Halle , who is 4, was rushed to the emergency room by her father for being severely lethargic and incoherent. He was called to her school by the school secretary for being 'very VERY sick.'He told me that when he arrived, Halle was barely sitting in the chair... She couldn't hold her own head up and when he looked into her eyes, she couldn't focus them. He immediately scooped her up and rushed her to the ER, and then called me. When we got there, they ran blood test after blood test and did x-rays, every test imaginable. Her white blood cell count was normal, nothing was out of the ordinary. The ER doctor told us that he had done everything that he could do so he was sending her to Saint Francis for further tests. Right when we were leaving in the ambulance, her teacher came to the ER and, after questioning Halle 's classmates, we found out that she had licked hand sanitizer off her hand. Hand sanitizer, of all things. But it makes sense. These days they have all kinds of different scents and when you have a curious child, they are going to put all kinds of things into their mouths. When we arrived at Saint Francis, we told the ER doctor there to check her blood alcohol level, and yes we did get weird looks, but they did it. The results showed her blood alcohol level was .85% -- six hours after we first took her. There's no telling what it would have been if we would have requested it at the first ER. Since then, her school and a few surrounding schools have taken this out of the classrooms of all the lower grade classes, but what's to stop middle and high schoolers from ingesting the stuff? After doing research on the Internet, we have found out that it only takes 3 squirts of the stuff to be fatal in a toddler. For her blood alcohol level to be so high was to compare someone her size to drinking something 120 proof. So please PLEASE don't disregard this because I don't ever want anyone else to go through what my family and I have gone through. Please send this to everyone you know who has children or are going to be having children. It doesn't matter what age.
Very scary!
Ok, I'm gonna try to post this one more time-last time it messed up and then was just gone! Keep praying for MckMuffin and MckMama and their whole family. I can't even imagine what they are going through and her faith through it all is so inspiring!


Kelli said...

Hey Jennifer!
Thanks for posting this!! Henry has gotten it in his eyes before, and it was not pretty!! I can't imagine my child getting sick from something that is supposed to keep you from getting sick!

Kelli said...

Thanks for always leaving such sweet comments on all my blog posts!! I appreciate it!!

Konnie said...

Candi had called me awhile back and told me about the hand sanitizer. I am still alittle obsessed with it but I keep it with me and the boys are not allowed to use it. we have told the big boys that it will make them very sick if they swallowed it. Thanks for posting about it.
I saw the blogfrog on knowing norah i think it is a great idea and plan on taking part.

Tracy said...

That is very good info to know about the hand sanitizer. I would have never thought about it making a little one so sick.

He And Me + 3 said...

I am praying for Stellan. I have heard this before too about the sanitizer. Very scary.